See Prof. Srinivasan's message to all UKISCRS members and followers here
The UKISCRS continues to extend their wishes for your safety and wellness in 2020.
What a year it has become!We have all had to learn innovative ways in which to conduct not only our work; but our family lives;
- Speaking to colleagues on Teams - and then parents & siblings on Zoom.
- Celebrating birthday's & other family celebrations in lockdown - with nowhere to go to!
- Generally learning to implement coping mechanisms to permit us to work, take family time and value all we have.
So - what has been going on with UKISCRS since we became a Charity.
We had, and for those who joined - thank you, what was a stellar Presidential Plenary webinar on Saturday 14th November. We met our newest council members and Prof. Srinivasan gave a very special lecture. This was followed by our Immediate Past President (Prof. Bloom) handing over the Chain of Office to Sathish (photo attached). Congratulations to Sathish and thank you Philip for being a fantastic, strong and inspirational President.
What is coming next?
We have a festive 'University Challenge' style webinar on Thursday 3rd December chaired by Professor Chris Bentley and we are already well into planning the beginning of 2021. The webinars will remain on the first Thursday of each month and will become a member benefit. Our members are very important to us and we want to provide value and education wherever we can. If your membership has lapsed or if you would like to become a member for the first time - drop us an email here and we will sort that out for you. Remember that being a UKISCRS member also provide free ESCRS membership, access to the JCRD, iLearn and many other benefits including Bursary's, full voting rights and prizes for junior members.
A final note is one to our Industry colleagues across the UK.
Without your support UKISCRS would be unable to provide education to Ophthalmologists in the current format. Without your loyalty and commitment we would not be able to provide in-person events or digital webinars in the format we have become accustomed to. We would like to say a very special thank you to each and every 'Trade-Friend' who has contacted us to check-in, to offer support, to financially help towards to the Zoom platform and marketing database. It is because of you that UKISCRS has continued to engage and communicate this year. Every email with compliments, feedback, suggestions and offers of help mean a great deal. And so we extend a sincere 'thank you' to our industry friends.
On behalf of the UKISCRS Charity - a huge thank you to all of you and we look forward to seeing you again in 2021.
In the meantime, please keep safe and we will see you soon.
Gill Wood - Society Manager
UKISCRS Exists to promote:
- education and research in the field of cataract and refractive surgery and to advance and promote the study and practice of ophthalmology and research and the dissemination of the useful results thereof.
- experimental work in the field of cataract surgery, intraocular lens implementation and refractive surgery and the disseminiation of results thereof.
- further investigation and training in cataract and refractive surgery
A FESTIVE UKISCRS WEBINAR
3rd December, 2020
EXCITING NEWS FROM THE CHARITY COMMISSION
As of 11th September 2020 UKISCRS became a Charity Incorporated Organisation with the Charity Number 1191256
UKISCRS Conferences in 2021