The Young Ophthalmologists Programme (YOP)
The Young Ophthalmologists Programme (YOP) was established in response to feedback from UKISCRS members.
YOP aims to target and represent the needs of ophthalmic specialty trainees and consultant ophthalmic surgeons in their
first three years of clinical practice.
YOP run their own programme/half-day masterclass the day prior to the UKISCRS annual congress.
Recent symposia has been: 'A Vitreous Loss Masterclass', 'Mastering Cataract Surgery in Glaucoma' and 'Managing Corneal Astigmatism in Cataract Surgery'.
The YOP sessions highlight topical scientific needs and provides a chance for you to listen to and interact with UK & Internationally renowed ophthalmologists.
YOP Membership Benefits
If you are not yet a YOP member and would like to find out the benefits of this FREE membership - then please read below.
FREE 3 Year ESCRS & UKISCRS Membership for Trainees
- Free membership of UKISCRS Young Ophthalmologists Programme
- Discounted registration fee for all UKISCRS meetings
- Access to iLearn
- Access to ESCRS on Demand (Web based library of content from ESCRS Congresses)
- Subscription to Journal of Cataract & Refractive Surgery online
- €50 registration fee for ESCRS congresses
The YOP Committee 2023
YOP is run by a small committee of Young Ophthalmologists elected to the committee by the YOP membership and UKISCRS Council.
Sunil Mamtora: YOP lead